Friday, February 20, 2009

Thing 25

I love all the widgets that are out there to use! I added a tag cloud to this site, but since I'm just starting, it's not too useful yet. I will be adding it to my school blog, and so it was great to have a testing ground before I put it on there. I also added Shelfari to my blog; I really like how it gives pop-up windows for the book. It's super easy to set up!

I set up an Otaku avatar too. I think students who are into manga would really like these, but they make me look a lot younger than I really am! It was also super easy to use.

Typealzer was fun to take a peak at too! It would be interesting to do a student project where students blog and then they evaluate their blog to see if it reflects who they feel they are. They could discuss and analyze why they were categorized they way they are!

Overall, Thing 25 had a ton of information that was useful. While I didn't use any of the speech text widgets, I could see them being useful for a variety of reasons depending on the situation. I'll definitely keep them bookmarked!

1 comment:

  1. you've done a good sampling of some of the widgets and features listed in this thing. I too found some of the blog templates to be a bit glitchy, so don't let it get you down. Not a big deal....I like your blog, so keep me reading, K?

    ReplyDelete