Saturday, June 6, 2009

Thing 42 ~ Music

I love all of the music available through the web. My favorites are Pandora and Last.fm. I haven't had problems with either of them, and I think they're super easy to use. I also tried out The Hype Machine and I love all of the different remixes that they have in one spot! I also liked that it gave a list of concerts in the area too, although I also get that service through iGoogle. I don't pay much attention to the blogs on the sites, but I do like that videos are linked for some songs as well. I also tried What's hot in Your Area, but it appears that the link is broken.

I don't really think that Internet radio will replace broadcast until technology in automobiles makes it affordable for the common man. I think of how many broadcast radio stations do so much for their communities and it will be interesting to see where it goes in the future. I'm sure they're already looking at how they will change and adjust their services in the future.

I also liked the 9 sites for music lyrics link. There are several teachers in our building who incorporate song lyrics into their assignments. The links will be great resources for students!

No comments:

Post a Comment