Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thing 40 Mashup the Web

Pandora.FM is fabulous! What a fun way to get music that I like! Just a few weeks ago, our school hosted an art show and the student doing the music used Pandora. It worked really well! I also tried Splice, several times, but the link isn't working properly. I'm not sure what happened there.

The photo mashups were fun to play around with too! I just wish I actually had more time to play with them; it's been a busy month. Five more days with kids and 4 more without!





I also really liked TimeTube and will definitely share that with classes. What a great way to obtain videos for school projects and power points! I feel it would really be useful for visual learners and a nice alternative to YouTube.

Crime Reports is an interesting site too. I actually showed it to a teacher who was having her special education students working on a vacation project. One of the requirements was to evaluate the safety of the hotels in the vacation area. The only thing I didn't like about the site was that some areas didn't seem to have any information. I'm wondering who takes the initiative to make sure the information is out there. At any rate, it's very interesting to evaluate.

Finally, I absolutely love Polyvore! I think our fashion merchandising teacher will love this site! I love fashion and think this site is a ton of fun! I created this image in minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment