Friday, May 8, 2009

Thing 36 ~ Generators

I loved playing around with all the generators; I spent way too much time on this one! :0)

I really like Printable Paper and think teachers would really like the site. Students K-12 could use the site too.

I love ToonDoo, except I cannot obtain the embed code for many of the comics including the one I created. I'm going to check again tomorrow. Maybe it needs more time? Otherwise, I'll do a partial screen shot and put the comics in as pictures. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I found their "How do I wiki" to be cluttered and not too helpful. It's late though so that may be part of the problem. :0)

On the MLA Research link on our school website, there are a few links for MLA generators. Some teachers really like using them, and others don't like to use them at all. I still haven't found one that is 100% accurate. However, with the new MLA edition, maybe that will change. It will be interesting to see which ones will be ready to go with the new format this fall. I personally like some of the changes; I think citing from databases is easier now.

We also use Wordle at school for a variety of things. It's great to see students using tools featured in the school blog! Big Huge Labs is another favorite! Playing around is too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment